Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm alive

I swear I am. It's been a little crazy over here. Within the span of two months I left a job, found a new one, and packed up and left for the Big Island of Hawaii, where I worked on a farm on the Hilo side of the island–the rainforest side. This was November and December.

I lived in a treehouse, tasted every new tropical fruit I came across, hiked across a dead volcanic lake, and scooped up a lot of donkey poop. I went by myself and it was amazing. Hawaii is so beautiful. I'd pack up and go back in a heartbeat.

I have so many photos to share...and given that I had gone to Kauai in October (and wrote only post about it so far...), my blog is going to be very tropical in the foreseeable future. Or next couple years, considering my writing speed.

In the meantime, enjoy some of the pics I took on my iPhone:

Airplane descending


 
Papaya tree with unripe fruit



 
Donkey, chicken, goat.



Volcanic steam vents



 
Turtle sunbathing on a Punalu'u black sand beach.



 
Banyan tree planted by Franklin Roosevelt.



 
Sunrise on my last day.



 
Hike down Pololu Valley.



 
Rain and fog in Keaau.



 
Above altostratus clouds on Mauna Kea.



 
City of Refuge



 
Rainbow at Volcano National Park.



 
Kileau Caldera



 
Leaf skeletons in rainforest mulch



 
Waipio Lookout



 
Hiking on the Kilauea Iki Trail



 
Crepescular rays at sunset



 
Cross-section of a cacao fruit (where chocolate comes from!)



 
Rainbow eucalyptus bark



 
Turkey Tail



 
Ube tapioca and coconut milk...aamazing



No comments:

Post a Comment